[Resolved] V1.17.2 autosave issue

• December 9, 2022 at 9:15 pm #14141
      N
      bit111
      Participant

Hi,

we have after upgrading to Version 1.17.2 issues with the autosave function. So when a customer is open a new ticket or create an answer to an existing ticket the javascript autosave does not work. We get an JS alert info window:

It is also not possible then to send the answer because of this issue:

We use it on apache webserver with PHP 8.0.2. Delte the browsercache does not help.

Anyone know what could be the reason?

regards, Norman

• December 13, 2022 at 5:14 pm #14198
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi Norman, I’m sorry for the delay in responding. Your post was mysteriously marked as “Pending” and I had to approve it for some reason (I’ve never had to do that before).

I used Google Translate to figure out the error you’re seeing:

Undefined. Cannot save the draft. Refresh the current page to restore your draft and continue.

This is a problem with osTicket itself… it is not an osTicket Awesome issue.

But, if you’re still having trouble, you will find the solution here:

https://forum.osticket.com/d/101954-unable-to-save-draftrefresh-the-current-page-to-restore-and-continue-your-draft/6

In your case you are already running osTicket 1.17.2 (albeit osTicket-1.17.2-Awesome-101). So you’ll just need to apply the patch.

1. Open include/class.usersession.php

2. Replace line 140

if (isset($_SESSION['TIME_BOMB'])

with this…

if ($_SERVER['REQUEST_METHOD'] === 'GET'
                && isset($_SESSION['TIME_BOMB'])

I hope this helps!

• December 15, 2022 at 3:57 am #14238
      N
      bit111
      Participant

Hi Stevland,

thanks that works.

• January 12, 2023 at 1:50 am #14621
      D
      pamconsult
      Participant

Hello, the same error happens when creating a new FAQ entry. Then saving it and re-opening it to add the other languages. When then entering the other languages (we have 2 others next to German), an autosave error appears.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.