[Resolved] ZIP download error

• April 27, 2022 at 4:44 am #10111
      N
      nandor
      Participant

Hi,

When I try download a ZIP (Print/Thread+Internal Notes+Attachments), the download will successfull, but I can not open the ZIP file.

osTicket 1.16.2.+PHP 8 original, fresh install. This option can not work on osTicket 1.15 too.

• May 3, 2022 at 1:42 pm #10166
      stevland
      Keymaster

This does not sound like an osTicket Awesome issue to me.

I would suggest updating your zip software and trying again.

Or, using this link, you can download a utility from Ninite that will silently install the latest versions of 7Zip, PeaZip and WinRAR.

I feel confident that one or all of them will open the zip.

If you would like to rule out the possibility that this is an osTicket Awesome issue, please press SHIFT + O before downloading the zip. Doing so will transport you to a copy of vanilla osTicket running your same database.

Please let me know if this resolves your issue or not.

• May 4, 2022 at 2:13 am #10193
      N
      nandor
      Participant

Hi Steveland,

I tried with vanilla. After I cliked the Print/Thread+Internal Notes+Attachments button, opening a new blank page, and happening nothing.
      The PeaZIP said, this is not a ZIP file.

• May 27, 2022 at 2:28 pm #10531
      stevland
      Keymaster

Hi @nandor,

Sorry, I didn’t quite understand your last message.

Are you saying the same issue occurs in vanilla, or no?

• July 5, 2022 at 9:37 am #10898
      S
      fulfillment9
      Participant

i have the same issue ost awesome 1.16.3 has this bug, but osticket 1.16.3 does not and works as expected.  when you attempt to download the zip with “Print/Thread+Internal Notes+Attachments”  the .zip is corrupt.  If you open the resulting .zip file in notepad, it seems to actually be a pdf file.

EDIT:  the issue also happens when using the original osticket inside the osticket awesome, but like i said a clean install of osticket 1.16.3 works properly.

• July 5, 2022 at 12:20 pm #10902
      S
      fulfillment9
      Participant

update:  bug is not in osticket awesome, it’s in the Attachment Inline Plugin which was already reported here. 

https://github.com/clonemeagain/attachment_preview/issues/49

• October 8, 2022 at 12:16 pm #11986
      stevland
      Keymaster

Thank you very much for posting this, @fulfillment9.

You probably saved me a lot of time trying to track down the issue!

• October 8, 2022 at 12:29 pm #11990
      stevland
      Keymaster

P.S. I included the latest version of the Attachment Inline Plugin in the new osTicket Awesome release.

So if clonemeagain fixed the issue, the fix is included in osTicket Awesome for osTicket 1.17 (Revision 1). But unfortunately it looks like this issue is still open.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.