[Resolved] Ticket Queues and Quick Filters

• November 5, 2019 at 2:04 pm #5277
      asuaetech
      Participant

Greetings! We can’t seem to get quick filters to display on the main ticket queue lists. Is there a special place on/in the UI we should be looking? Thanks!

• November 5, 2019 at 2:27 pm #5278
      stevland
      Keymaster

After all of these years I still feel like I’m just scratching the surface of osTicket’s capabilities.

I have never known about Quick Filters, until now.

Anyway, for my first attempt trying to add a Quick Filter, I added Department to the Open queue. Nothing happened. I checked my vanilla copy of osTicket, still nothing.

So I tried adding Priority Level as a Quick Filter in the My Tickets queue. Bingo! It shows up as a button with a drop down menu.

Therefore, I surmise that some Quick Filters work and others do not. And for those that do not appear, it is an osTicket quirk and not an osTicket Awesome issue.

• November 5, 2019 at 2:36 pm #5280
      asuaetech
      Participant

Fascinating – after your post we did some quick additional tinkering and basically noticed the same behavior (some filters appear, others do not). Thank you for the quick reply! 

• November 6, 2019 at 6:47 am #5281
      asuaetech
      Participant

An update! After tinkering a bit we have found that adding Quick Filters to the default queues installed with OSTicket does not work reliably BUT if you create a new custom queue, the quick filters seem to show up there consistently. For example – we ended up creating a fresh “Open” queue, retiring the one installed with the system, and now quick filters work there like a champ.

Hope this is helpful for anyone else interested in having this function available.

• November 8, 2019 at 7:59 am #5285
      stevland
      Keymaster

Good to know. Thanks for sharing your findings.

• December 9, 2019 at 5:41 pm #5370
      M
      sistemascsc
      Participant

Vos crees que este problema je tengo puédale venir por los mismos que te paso con los filtros? https://osticketawesome.com/forums/topic/delay-en-acceso-a-base-de-datos/

gracias

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Topic Tags